This chicken meatballs recipe produces light, moist, and juicy meatballs that are perfect as an appetizer, in soup, or with pasta!
The secret ingredient is lots of tangy parmesan cheese and bold Italian seasonings!
Be sure to make extras for the freezer so you can add them to soups, casseroles, or sandwiches anytime.
Easy Meatball Recipe!
- Using ground chicken is a healthy, low-carb alternative to beef or pork and their savory flavor profile means they go with anything!
- This chicken meatball recipe is so easy to double up, you’ll want to cook extra to use in recipes all week long! Or prep and freeze before or after cooking.
- Last-minute game day appetizers, big family spaghetti feasts, and hearty workday meatball subs are just some of the limitless ways you can use chicken meatballs!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Ground chicken is easy to find, budget-friendly, and gives these meatballs a light texture while staying juicy. Ground turkey or pork can be mixed in, too.
Cheese – Parmesan cheese adds tons of flavor and creates a crispy coating on the outside of the meatballs. The finer the grind, the better the meatballs will hold their shape. Freshly grated is best because pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking agents in it that make it harder to melt, but it will do in a pinch!
Seasonings – This is where the flavor is! Use a package of Italian seasoning or make your own and have lots extra for future recipes!
Variations – Explore with seasonings to match your meatballs with the menu! On Taco night, season chicken meatballs with a DIY taco blend, or try a Cajun mix and add some blue cheese dressing as a dip!
How to Make Chicken Meatballs
Meatballs made from scratch taste so much better than storebought ones, and are a cinch to make!
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine (per recipe below).
- Form 30 meatballs on a baking sheet and chill them for 30 minutes (optional).
- Pan-fry meatballs in oil and cook until browned, about 15-20 minutes. Or, oven bake at 375°F on a greased baking sheet for 20-22 minutes.
What to Serve with Chicken Meatballs
For a party or a picnic, keep meatballs warm in a Crockpot with grape jelly sauce or Teriyaki sauce, and let guests help themselves! Toss a few in homemade mac and cheese and watch the kids chow down! Multi-purpose chicken meatballs are a perfect addition to one pot tomato orzo, or a chill-chasing beef stroganoff with a slice of garlic herb bread. Whip up some meatball and pineapple skewers with a brush of teriyaki glaze and serve with some lemon rice for a fast and fun weeknight dinner!
Storing Chicken Meatballs
- Keep leftover chicken meatballs covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy them cold or reheat them in the microwave.
- Freeze the cooled chicken meatballs in a zippered bag for up to three months.
- Freeze raw chicken meatballs on a baking sheet before transferring them to zippered bags.
Have you tried this recipe for Chicken Meatballs? Leave a comment and rating below!
Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken or pork or turkey
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese or shredded
- 2 Tablespoons onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, or oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For skillet cooking
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- To a large bowl, add ground chicken, parmesan, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Use a 1 Tablespoon-sized cookie scoop (or a spoon) to make 30 meatballs. Coat hands with a small amount of oil, then gently roll and round each meatball and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- If time allows, chill meatballs for 30 (or more) minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and heat until shimmering. Add meatballs and turn the heat down after about 3 minutes. Continue cooking for another 7-9 minutes until browned, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165˚F.
- To bake instead of pan fry: Preheat oven to 400˚F for 18-22 minutes, or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165˚F.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!