This easy Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatball recipe is always the hit of any party or potluck!
Tasty, ready-made meatballs are smothered in a sweet and savory sauce made with just 3 ingredients! Grape jelly, chili sauce and lemon juice are combined together, then poured over the meatballs, and slow cooked until tender and delish. This recipe makes an easy peasy appetizer, and also doubles as a delicious entree too! The slow cooker is the perfect vessel to keep these tasty morsels warm until ready to serve. So just set some toothpicks on the side and let guests help themselves!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
4 Ingredient Appetizer!
- Four ingredients and two steps? Yes, please! This crockpot grape jelly meatball recipe practically makes itself! Simply mix and slow cook!
- What’s a cocktail party without a crockpot of juicy sweet and sour meatballs? This retro recipe is always a hit!
- Keep an assortment of meatballs in the freezer for last-minute appetizers! Serve them individually with wooden picks or thread three or more onto a skewer!
What’s in Grape Jelly Meatballs?
MEATBALLS: Pre-cooked meatballs that are fresh or frozen can be used, but add extra time for frozen meatballs to thaw. Try adding cocktail wieners to the pot, or just cook them instead of the meatballs! Make homemade, savory Italian meatballs, or try smoked meatballs and have them on hand to use in this recipe or to make Swedish meatballs. Or use them to make festive and delish cranberry meatballs!
SAUCE: Grape jelly and chili sauce need a splash of lemon juice to keep the flavors bright. Ketchup or bbq sauce can be subbed in place of chili sauce for a more mild flavored appetizer. Or for a bit more zesty flavor, add some sriracha or tabasco to the original recipe.
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
It’s so easy to make this recipe, either in the slow cooker or stovetop.
Slow Cooker Method:
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low until heated through (as per recipe below ).
- In a pot over medium heat, combine jelly, lemon juice and chili sauce.
- Add meatballs and cook until heated through.
What to Serve with Grape Jelly Meatballs
These Crockpot meatballs with grape jelly can be served in multiple ways!
As an appetizer, keep toothpicks close so guests can skewer each meatball on their own. Then serve with other finger foods like candied bacon, caprese skewers, and bacon wrapped water chestnuts for a tasty appetizer buffet.
Why not add these sweet and savory meatballs to a crusty bun and serve as a hearty game day snack!
Storing Leftover Meatballs
Keep leftover grape jelly meatballs in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 4 days, or chill before freezing them up to 4 weeks. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave, as desired.
Other Delish Recipes To Try!
- Buffalo Chicken Wings – another tasty appetizer
- Smoked Meatballs – savory and delish meatbals
- Pineapple Sausage Kabobs – easy finger food recipe
- Sauteed Mushrooms – as an appetizer or a side!
Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 2 pounds meatballs homemade* or frozen, cooked
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until hot and bubbly, stirring about every 90 minutes or so.
- Turn slow cooker to warm setting for serving. Serve with toothpicks.
- Nutrition calculated per meatball, and only ⅔ cup of sauce was used for calculation.
- Stove Top Instructions:
- Add jelly and chili sauce to a large saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add meatballs and cook for about 20 minutes, or until bubbling and fully heated through.
- Keep warm on low heat or transfer to a slow cooker for serving. Serve with toothpicks.
- *If making homemade meatballs, add ½ teaspoon cinnamon to the meat when mixing. Cook through.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
recipe from Best of Bridge