This recipe for Chicken Spaghetti is so easy and makes a delicious comfort food meal that’s ready in minutes!
Who doesn’t love a casserole main dish? And this easy chicken spaghetti recipe, made with cooked chicken and pasta baked in a creamy and cheesy sauce, is definitely a hearty and comforting casserole!
Assemble it ahead for the freezer or refrigerator, then simply pop it in the oven and bake! Why not add in healthy veggies that will pair well with the cheese sauce, such as broccoli, cauliflower, or kale? And leftovers make quick and handy lunches or midnight snacks! It’s a versatile recipe that will satisfy any hungry crowd.
Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- Bake and take chicken spaghetti to a party or potluck because everyone loves a hearty pasta dish! And leftovers make a great school or workday lunch. Simply heat it in the microwave!
- This recipe is an excellent way to sneak in some healthy veggies for those pickier eaters or for using up leftovers. No need to thaw frozen veggies like peas and carrots to add color, texture, and flavor!
- Make this easy chicken spaghetti recipe for a convenient dinner on busy weeknights! Everything is made on the stovetop and finished in the oven, so all that’s left to complete the meal is a simple kale salad, or side of roasted asparagus. Some no-knead bread would be delicious to soak up all that delicious sauce.
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: A rotisserie chicken is an excellent choice for chicken spaghetti because it’s hot and ready to go. But any leftover chicken or turkey will work too!
SPAGHETTI: Any thickness will do! Just be sure to cook it al dente (just cooked). Any other pasta will work but look for shapes that all that tangy sauce can cling to! Try bucatini, ziti, penne, medium shells, or rotini. For a low-carb chicken spaghetti, use spaghetti squash, or buy pre-made zoodles.
SAUCE: Fresh cream and two kinds of cheese give this dish such a robust flavor. In a pinch for time? Use a can of Campbell’s cream of chicken or mushroom soup mixed with some cubes of Velveeta cheese, or simply a jar of marinara. Look for Rotel tomatoes that have diced green chiles in them for a zesty flavor.
EXTRAS: Sliced black olives, chopped sundried tomatoes or crumbled feta cheese are all great additions that will make chicken spaghetti different every time.
How to Make Chicken Spaghetti
This delicious recipe just takes a few simple steps.
- Boil the spaghetti al dente and drain.
- Make the cream sauce (per the recipe below) and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Add pasta, chicken, and drained tomatoes to the sauce and stir well.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into a casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on the top.
Storing Leftover Chicken Spaghetti
- Keep leftover chicken spaghetti covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen portions in the fridge before reheating.
- Reheat portions in the microwave.
Other Delish Chicken Recipes!
You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive.
- 8 ounces spaghetti cooked
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup half and half cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 cups chicken chopped or shredded
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes drained (or tomatoes with chilis, drained)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 inch, or 3 quart, casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions to al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion and pepper are softened. Stir in flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add broth and cream, stirring until smooth and bubbling. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 cup cheddar and the parmesan cheese, mix until smooth and melted. Combine spaghetti, cream sauce, chicken, and drained tomatoes. Mix well then add to the casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheddar and bake 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Chicken Spaghetti recipe!
Recipe from Spend With Pennies
I’m so happy to hear that you love this chicken spaghetti Cindy!