Chicken drumsticks made in the air fryer always come out juicy and tender with a deliciously crisp and savory skin.
It’s so simple to make the best chicken drumsticks using this easy recipe! Get classic fried chicken results in minutes with minimal prep and clean-up. Everyone loves cooking with the air fryer, especially when it comes to making chicken recipes. It cooks up perfectly every time, with hardly any effort. And the seasoning on these drumsticks is just perfect, creating the fantastic fried chicken flavor we have all come to know and love!
Amazing Chicken Drumsticks in the Air Fryer
- Game day and picnic-ready in minutes, air fryer drumsticks taste like they’ve been slow cooked on the bbq grill all afternoon! PRO TIP: Keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Chicken drumsticks are inexpensive and easy to hold which makes them a favorite food with guests of all ages! Serve them with a big bowl of potato salad, some hearty slow cooker baked beans, and a classic apple crisp for dessert.
- The air fryer makes cooking them so easy, that you’ll want to make batches to enjoy all week!
- If time is short, and it takes too long to make baked or breaded fried chicken on the stovetop, the oven, or the Instant Pot, then count on your Ninja, Corsori, or Vortex to deliver the best results every time!
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN: Choose drumsticks that have intact skins and are fresh-looking and smelling. If using frozen drumsticks, allow them to thaw and pat them with clean paper towels. Chicken thighs can be used as well in this recipe.
SEASONINGS: Just a sprinkle of paprika, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings is all it takes for this recipe. Try these DIY blends to make a different recipe every time! Try this smoked chicken rub or a zesty jerk seasoning.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
The skin will be golden brown and crispy on this chicken, and the internal temp should be 165°F to ensure doneness. The rest is easy!
- Toss chicken drumsticks in a zippered bag with the oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. PRO TIP: Pat pieces dry with a clean paper towel so the oil and seasonings adhere better.
- Line the air fryer with parchment paper or spray with pan release (optional).
- Cook seasoned drumsticks in a single layer per the recipe below, flipping halfway.
- Keep leftover air fryer chicken drumsticks in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. and reheat them in the air fryer.
- Freeze leftovers in zippered bags for up to 3 months and reheat in the air fryer from frozen.
Easy Dips For Drumsticks
- Easy Greek Yogurt Dip – A Mediterranean flair
- Dillionaire Veggie Dip – Easy and creamy
- Velveeta Rotel Dip – Cheesy and delicious
- Hot Spinach Dip – Extra cheesy
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Add chicken to a ziptop bag. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, pepper, and salt*. Toss to coat.
- If desired, line air fryer with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Place drumsticks in a single layer and cook for 20-22 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165°F, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Alternately use 1 ½ Tablespoons chicken seasoning in place of seasonings.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165˚F for safe consumption.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 5 days and freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 3 months.
- Reheat drumsticks again in the air fryer, thawed or from frozen.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!