Ready for game day, this Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings recipe is a chicken wing game changer!
Instead of the usual tomato-based sauces, these wings are seasoned in a tangy garlic lemon sauce, sprinkled with fresh cracked black pepper, and then oven-baked to crispy wing perfection! These wings are so easy to prepare and the results are fantastic. No need to get takeout with a recipe this good, and it’s simple to mix up some tasty dipping sauce to go with them. Cook up a batch or two and watch them fly away!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings recipe to your APPETIZERS Board!
Perfect Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Wings are the ultimate appetizer! And these lemon pepper wings have less calories and are less messy than a saucy barbecue wing, but they still have that finger-lickin’ delish flavor! They go great alongside a platter of Buffalo Chicken Wings for a nice variety. And an assortment of sauces on the side make them the perfect appetizer for low-carb lifestyles!
- It’s not a real party if chicken wings aren’t on the table! Everyone will love the bright, zesty flavors of real lemon zest and juice infused into the crispy skin of hot and juicy chicken wings. Finish them off on the grill for that deep, smoky flavor!
- Why drive through when you can make this copycat Wing Stop recipe for lemon pepper wings in the oven or the air fryer in no time at all? Put that pepper grinder to work because freshly cracked black pepper makes these wings pub-style worthy! Don’t forget to offer a selection of homemade dips like Easy Greek Yogurt Dip, Everything Bagel Dip, or some simple Tzatziki.
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Choose wings that have intact skins and are about the same size. Thighs and drumsticks will work, too! Simply adjust cook times. Chicken should always be at 165° F before serving.
SEASONINGS: Lemon pepper seasoning up levels the flavor of so many foods! Use as a dry rub for chicken and fish or add a tangy bite to a salad dressing or dip! Make a game day app platter with these other wing seasonings like homemade taco seasoning, smoked chicken rub or some tasty fajita seasoning.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
It’s so simple to make homemade wings:
- Pat wings dry with a clean paper towel. Toss wings with oil and seasonings.
- Bake in a single layer (per recipe below). Flip over and bake another 15 minutes. PRO TIP: Place them under the broiler for the last 3 minutes for extra crispy skins.
- Before serving, toss with remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper. Serve hot.
In the Air Fryer:
Get deep-fried flavor in minutes with the air fryer!
- Season wings as directed in step 4 (per recipe below).
- Air fry in a single layer until crisp.
- Toss wings as directed in Step 6 and serve hot.
PRO TIP: Place them under the broiler for the last 3 minutes for extra crispy skins.
Leftover Chicken Wings?
Keep leftover lemon pepper wings in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Enjoy them cold or reheat them!
In the oven: Preheat oven to 350˚F, cover wings with foil and place in oven for 15 minutes or until warm. Crisp up the skin by placing wings under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes.
In the air fryer: Heat air fryer to 350˚F and heat cooked wings for about 5 minutes until warmed through.
Other Easy Appetizers!
- Buffalo Chicken Wings – so delicious.
- Chicken Wonton Cups – perfectly bite sized.
- Grilled Quesadillas – always a favorite.
- Baked Zucchini Sticks – oven baked recipe.
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Wings – delicious
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 1 ½-2 pounds chicken wings split
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice about ½ lemon
- fresh parsley or other fresh herb, optional for garnish
- kosher salt to taste, optional
- freshly ground black pepper to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper (or foil) and place a baking rack on top.
- Dry wings with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with oil, lemon pepper, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and garlic powder.
- Place wings, skin side down, in a single layer on the baking rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15 more minutes. Broil to crisp if desired.
- Place in a bowl or on a plate and toss or sprinkle with remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional ingredients not included in nutrition calculation.
- Refrigerate chicken wings for 3-4 days.
- Reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Adapted from Spend With Pennies