Make this ham and cheese sliders recipe just in time for the big game, family gatherings, or just a cozy movie night at home!
Super quick and easy and ready in minutes, ham and Swiss sliders are delicious as snacks, appetizers or light lunches! Butter toasted slider buns are brushed with a tangy mustard, Worcestershire and poppy seed sauce, making these cheesy snacks burst with flavor. Be sure to make a big appetizer tray, because everyone will reach for more! Ham and Swiss cheese is a flavor marriage made in heaven, and even better served warm and melty.
Easy Cheesy Sliders
- These tasty handhelds are made with layers of ham, cheese, and a swipe of grainy mustard and poppy seed sauce, and then oven-baked until they’re hot, melty and ready to devour!
- These sliders are perfect if you’re serving a crowd. Party prep by making them ahead! Simply prepare as directed, cover, and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
- Make breakfast sammies by layering scrambled eggs between the ham and cheese before baking!
Ingredients and Variations
SLIDER BUNS: Choose any variety, but for a special touch, use King Hawaiian sweet rolls, or make some mini hamburger buns.
HAM: While any thinly sliced deli ham can work, black forest or honey ham are extra flavorful. But don’t rule out using leftover holiday ham, it’s perfect to make New Year’s Eve party sliders!
CHEESE: Swiss cheese has that perfect tangy flavor for sliders, but American or cheddar cheese tastes just as amazing! Sliced white cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack will all taste amazing!
CONDIMENTS: Dijon mustard blends with the ham and cheese for a delicious flavor combination, while a spicy, grainy mustard works especially well. Try making some of them with some creamy homemade ranch dressing.
SEASONINGS: Punch up the flavor of ham and cheese sliders with everything bagel seasoning , Italian seasoning, or a spicy chili blend.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Just a few easy steps are all it takes!
- Keeping the buns intact, make a horizontal slice through the center of the buns, separating the top layer from the bottom layer. Place the bottom layer of buns in a prepared baking dish and brush with butter (as per recipe below).
- Place a roll of ham on each bottom bun and then top with slices of cheese.
- Cover with the tops and brush with a mixture of butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, poppy seeds, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes, and press them back together if necessary. If the tops brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
Serve warm, with extra mustard.
What to Serve with Ham and Swiss Sliders?
We love these party sammies with Caprese skewers, smoked meatballs, a side of baked corn ribs , and a zesty pasta salad.
- Keep leftover ham and cheese sliders in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Reheat them in the microwave or air fryer.
Other Easy Lunch Ideas!
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich – so cheesy and delish!
- Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwich – an easy favorite
- Ham and Cheese Quiche – easy prep
- Tomato Corn Chowder – colorful and flavorful
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 slider buns
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 12 slices ham *
- 8 ounces swiss cheese sliced (or cheddar cheese)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard your favorite type
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter the bottom of a casserole dish or baking dish.
- Do not separate the buns into individual buns**. Carefully cut the whole set of buns across the middle lengthwise, keeping them together.
- Place bottom of the buns in the baking dish. Brush the bottom of the buns with about 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Add one rolled up piece of ham on each individual bun. Top with slices of cheese and cover with the top of buns.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining butter, Worcestershire, mustard, poppy seeds, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Gently brush the top of buns with the butter mixture (there may be a small amount leftover).
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes**, or until buns are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Brush with any remaining butter (or additional butter if desired). Pull apart to eat! Serve warm.
- *for larger sandwiches, add 2 pieces of ham per bun.
- **if the buns start to separate into individual buns, simply press them back together as you go through each step.
- ***if buns start to brown too quickly, loosely place a piece of foil paper over top.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Sliders may be reheated in the microwave or air fryer.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Ham And Swiss Sliders recipe!
Adapted from Spend With Pennies
My grandkids are not fans of Swiss cheese, so I used Muenster. The milder flavor suited them perfectly and it melted nicely.
That sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing Janet. This recipe is so versatile and can be changed to suit your perferences.