Chocolate covered bananas are a fun and delicious treat that’s super easy to make and perfect for summer snacking!
Whether you serve them fresh or frozen, chocolate dipped bananas are a healthy, energizing snack for anyone, anytime.
Using just three simple ingredients and some tasty toppings, this fun and delicious treat can be ready in about 15 minutes!
A Fun Treat!
- Chocolate dipped bananas make a wholesome dessert with fewer calories and less sugar than most frozen desserts.
- Bananas are loaded with nutrients like potassium and fiber for a healthy snack.
- Making chocolate dipped bananas can be a fun family activity, so get the kids involved and let them dip, dunk and make their own creations!
Three Ingredient Recipe!
Bananas: Choose fresh and firm bananas to make the best chocolate dipped bananas. They can be cut in half or cut into thicker slices (like thirds) for smaller portions that are easier to handle.
Chocolate: Semi-sweet, dark, or white chocolate chips are all easy and fun to work with in this recipe! Add a drop or two of food coloring to white chocolate for pink, green, or blue chocolate dipped bananas!
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil blends the best with chocolate and helps it harden properly. Other oils carry too much flavor and will melt too quickly at room temperature.
Extras: Dip or roll chocolate bananas in chopped peanuts, candy bits, crushed cookies or cereal, coconut, sprinkles, or anything you can think of that’s colorful and tasty!
How To Make Chocolate Dipped Bananas
- Peel bananas and cut them in half. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of the banana (as per the recipe card below).
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add coconut oil and stir until fully combined.
- Dip banana pop in chocolate and roll or sprinkle on toppings.
Chocolate covered bananas are great for parties! Create a Banana Bar with bananas ready on their sticks, melted chocolate, and a variety of toppings for guests to make their own sweet treat. Simply dip, roll, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Enjoy chocolate dipped bananas fresh or freeze them for up to 4 hours. Frozen covered bananas make a sweet after school surprise and are perfect for last-minute playdates!
If you choose to freeze bananas, do so for about an hour after Step 2 to make them easier to handle.
Put the melted chocolate in a deep pitcher or bowl so it’s easier to dip the entire banana in one step instead of swirling it around in a shallow bowl or pan.
Use any leftover chocolate for dipping homemade churros into or use it up as a chocolate fondue for fresh fruit and small cubes of cake or cookies.
Keep frozen chocolate dipped bananas wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in zippered bags in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Chocolate Dipped Bananas
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Insert a lollipop or popsicle stick about one inch into the cut side of each banana half.
- In a medium bowl or measuring cup, melt chocolate for about 1½-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add coconut oil and stir until well combined and oil is melted.
- Dip banana pop in melted chocolate. Before chocolate sets sprinkle with or roll in toppings.
- Serve fresh, or freeze for 4 hours before serving.
- Chocolate dipped bananas can be frozen for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!