This is the ultimate Creamy Lemonade recipe! Make this delightfully refreshing Southern-style drink at home and serve it at BBQs, picnics, and parties. It’s so yummy, keep a pitcher in the refrigerator for a grab-and-go refresher.
Made with freshly squeezed lemons, ice, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk, it is a drink that the family will keep asking to be made again and again. Keep this recipe on hand for a sweet and creamy lemonade that can be made any time of the year!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Creamy Lemonade recipe to your DRINKS Board!
Dreamy Creamy Lemonade!
- Currently TikTok trending, creamy lemonade is an up-leveled version of the traditional recipe that looks so fun and elegant with garnishes.
- Three easy steps and get ready to enjoy the taste of summer all year long since lemons are always available and inexpensive.
- This recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and tart. It’s fun, festive, and everybody loves it!
- ‘Spike’ this lemony drink for the grown-ups by stirring in a little vodka or white rum.
- Hosting a barbecue? Serve a pitcher of creamy lemonade alongside a buffet table of Italian Meatballs, Ricotta Toast, Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts, and Bacon Crack.
LEMONS: Especially with this recipe, fresh is best! Choose lemons that are brightly colored, heavy, and smell fresh and tart. Lemon juice can be used in a pinch, but the quantity needs to be increased by a third. Shake the bottle well before using.
SUGAR: Adding a bit of sugar tastes perfect against the tart lemons! Use a sugar substitute for a lower calorie drink.
CONDENSED MILK: Sweetened condensed milk is the secret ingredient, making this lemonade sweet and creamy!
SMOOTHIES: Creamy lemonade is an amazing base for smoothies and the kids just love them! Pour lemonade into a blender (using a bullet blender allows each person to make it their own!), add frozen fruits like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, or a medley of frozen fruits. Add crushed ice and blend. Serve immediately with a favorite garnish. How about a few chocolate shavings on the top or some colorful sprinkles for a party?
DESSERTS: Pour creamy lemonade into popsicle molds for an uber-fun, frozen kid treat or mix a little to the filling of a cream pie like lemon meringue.
How to Make Creamy Lemonade
A mouth watering drink is on its way with these few steps:
- Add crushed ice to a large pitcher. Layer in lemon slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. A whisk will speed things up.
- Add water and stir thoroughly. Pour into a pitcher with crushed ice and garnish, if desired.
PRO TIP: Save the squeezed lemons and zest the skins. Freeze in ice cubes and add to iced tea or cocktails. Or, freeze zest in a small zippered bag and use a pinch or two to add a bright flavor to recipes, dressings, sauces, or soups.
Best Garnishes for Lemonade
Creamy lemonade is so unique and delicious, it needs a garnish to showcase it. Any citrus fruits or strawberries can be cut and fit onto the rim. How about threading blueberries or small chunks of pineapple, melon, or grapes on wooden skewers for a fancy stir-stick? So many options.
Don’t forget the colorful straws!
Other Delicious Beverages To Try!
- Cherry Margaritas – deliciously different
- Copycat Shamrock Shake – creamy and minty
- Strawberry Margarita Recipe – a classic!
- Homemade Grand Marnier – simple to make at home.
- Add crushed ice to a 2 quart pitcher. Add lemon slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk until sugar is dissolved. Add to the pitcher.
- Add water and mix thoroughly. Adjust to taste.
- Serve over crushed ice and lemon garnish if desired.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Recipe from I Am Baker