Sultry summer days and nights call for frozen cherry margaritas!
Cherry margarita cocktails are the perfect refresher for guests or for just hanging out at home! Frozen cherries and tequila are blended along with frozen cherry limeade for the perfect burst of sweet and tart.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Cherry Margarita Recipe to your Drinks Board!
Totally fresh and totally refreshing, this cherry lime margarita recipe will help everyone beat the heat! Looking for a change from Strawberry Margaritas? Why not make a pitcher of Jose Cuervo cherry limeade margaritas and refill your guests’ glasses as they mingle?
Wondering what liquor is best for margaritas? Tequila is the star of the margarita show. Any variety will do but the pricier varieties will provide a smoother flavor that your guests will appreciate! (Hello Don Julio!).
How to Make Cherry Margaritas
First and foremost, margarita glasses are nice to use, but any cup will do! (Gosh, we’ve even served these in trusty Solo cups!) For the ultimate in presentation, place margarita glasses in the freezer to chill them before using. The rest is simple!
- Add limeade concentrate, tequila, ice, and cherries to the blender.
- Blend on high and add water until margaritas reach the desired consistency.
Garnish with lime slices or lime zest and serve immediately.
How Do You Garnish a Margarita?
Most people prefer margaritas with a salted rim.
- Pour some salt onto a plate and wet the rim of the margarita glass (or red Solo cup).
- Dip the wet rimmed glass onto the plate of salt, coating the entire rim. Easy peasy!
Garnishes are usually slices of lime or lemon either floating on the top of the margarita or placed on the rim of the glass. And for a cherry margarita, a maraschino cherry (or a fresh cherry) is a perfect garnish!
Tips for the Perfect Cherry Margarita
- For a skinny margarita or a ‘virgin’ margarita, omit the tequila, and serve normally.
- Experiment with sour cherry or black cherry variations!
- Who needs a margarita machine when your handy-dandy Vitamix or any regular blender will do? We LOVE our Vitamix blender for margaritas (and smoothies too)!
- Use the blend function to crush the ice to perfection!
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate 1 can (or frozen Baquardi lime margarita concentrate)
- 4 ½ ounces tequila or to taste (fill the limeade can ¾ full)
- 3 cups ice (4 limeade cans full)
- 3 cups fresh cherries or frozen
- Add limeade concentrate, tequila, ice, and cherries to blender.
- Blend, adding water until margaritas reach desired consistency. Serve.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Pin this Cherry Margarita Recipe!