Make this Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato recipe for the perfect side dish or healthy breakfast or lunch.
Baked sweet potato in air fryer comes out tender and fluffy every time. Get twice-baked tender and fluffy sweet potatoes without heating up the oven. So easy and efficient! Baked sweet potatoes are hearty and filling, ideal for so many different uses. Try them as a light vegetarian main dish, or serve them on the side with a pork roast or a chicken dinner. And leftovers can be added to soups or sliced to add to salads or even sandwiches.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato recipe to your SIDE DISHES Board!
Easy Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Kids love healthy and filling air-fried sweet potatoes that can be prepared as a side dish or as a light main dish!
- Powerful Ninja, Nuwave, or Cuisinart air fryers cook with little to no fat!
- This time-saving recipe gets sweet potatoes on the table fast with minimal clean-up!
- Make ahead in batches and use all week long! Enjoy them hot or cold or mash them and add them to a smoothie!
SWEET POTATOES: Choose whole, unblemished sweet potatoes that are the same size so they cook at the same rate. No need to peel for this recipe!
OIL: Just a bit of olive oil gives sweet potatoes a crispy skin while keeping them tender and fluffy inside. No sweet potatoes? Yams or regular potatoes can be substituted!
Sweet & Savory Toppings
Anything goes for sweet potatoes! Sweet toppings include mini-marshmallows, brown sugar, and butter, maple syrup, or pumpkin pie spice. Savory toppings can include sour cream, chives, bacon bits, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve air fryer baked sweet potatoes as a main dish with a light kale quinoa salad, or a delish burrata salad. As a side dish, try some air fryer shake and bake pork chops, or some air fryer ground chicken burgers. Or make a simple air fryer chicken breast for an easy entree.
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
It’s simple to make this air fryer favorite!
- Pierce all around each sweet potato with a fork.
- Rub with olive oil and season, if desired.
- Bake in the air fryer for 40 minutes, flipping over halfway through. PRO TIP: Season with a bold and savory DIY homemade taco seasoning, chili seasoning, or even pumpkin pie spice.
Keep leftover air fryer sweet potatoes in a covered container in the refrigerator and reheat them in the air fryer. Or cut them up and add them to stir-fries, omelettes, or an energizing grain and veggie bowl!
Air Fryer Tips & Tricks
- No need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe!
- Avoid crowding the basket so the hot air can freely circulate around the food.
- Oil is not required but will make the outside crispy and golden brown.
- Melted bacon grease is a great way to use up leftover fat while adding flavor!
Easy Air Fryer Sides!
- Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes – another easy recipe for sweet potatoes.
- Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer – simply perfect!
- Air Fryer Roasted Acorn Squash – different and delicious.
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower – ready in just 20 minutes.
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes small, about 6 ounces each
- ½-1 Tablespoon olive oil *
- ½-1 teaspoon kosher salt *
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper optional
- Scrub sweet potatoes clean and dry with a towel. Poke each sweet potato all over with a fork (about a dozen pokes each). Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper if using.
- Place sweet potatoes in the basket of the air fryer, leaving space between them.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and turn it to 370˚F**. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through, flipping after 20 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings if desired.
**No need to preheat the air fryer.
- Nutrition calculated with out optional toppings.
- Be sure to leave space between sweet potatoes so the air can circulate around each for even cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for 3-4 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer, or quickly in the microwave.
- Leftovers can be added to other dishes.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.