This recipe for tender roasted Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes is going to be an instant family favorite!
Lightly seasoned sweet potato cubes are air fried in minutes and come out tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and full of flavor! It won’t take long to bring this delish dish to the table. And if there are leftovers, they will taste fantastic alongside a kale salad, or for a quick and tasty breakfast. Sweet potatoes are nutritious and hearty, the ideal tuber for the health-conscious or anyone with a sweet tooth!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe to your SIDE DISHES board.
Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Make this super healthy and kid-friendly side dish in minutes! The Ninja, Corsori, or Vortex air fryers cook food quickly with little to no fat!
- Faster than steamed or oven-baked, the air fryer saves precious time with few dishes to clean!
- Super versatile sweet potato cubes can be made into a sweet or savory side dish for a Baked Honey Glazed Ham, a Reverse Sear Pork Roast, or a delicious Dijon Chicken. Add chilled cubes to a hearty Kale Quinoa Salad, and make a wrap for an energizing lunch!
Ingredients and Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose heavy, whole sweet potatoes that are free of bruises or blemishes. Cubes, wedges, chips, or fry-style will work! Peeling them ensures they cook evenly on all sides. Can’t find sweet potatoes? Yams will work just as well!
SEASONINGS: Sweet potatoes can be sweet or savory! Omit the salt and pepper and toss with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, or honey to make a sweeter side. Or for a savory dish, season with a DIY blend such as this Italian Dressing Mix, Chili Seasoning, Jerk Seasoning, or even Homemade Taco Seasoning.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
It’s super easy to make this delish side:
- Toss sweet potato cubes in oil and seasonings and place in the air fryer.
- Cook per recipe below, shaking the basket halfway through. Serve hot.
Pro Tips for Perfect Potatoes
- Toss cubes in leftover melted bacon grease instead of olive oil.
- For best results, cut the cubes into equal sizes so they cook at the same rate.
- Always refer to your air fryer manual for exact time and power levels.
Keep leftover air fryer sweet potatoes in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Freeze cubes in zippered bags up to 3 months. Reheat from fresh or frozen in the air fryer. Or, mash them and add to a soup or stew!
Other Delicious Sides!
- Air Fryer Corn Ribs – fun as a side or appetizer.
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus – just 5 minute prep.
- Roasted Air Fryer Cauliflower – ready in only 20 minutes!
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe – a favorite recipe.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – fluffy, delicious, perfect.
Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat air fryer to 400˚F.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with oil, seasoned salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Add seasoned cubes to the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes. Shake basket after 5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Try using leftover melted bacon grease in place of olive oil.
- Cut cubes into equal sizes so they cook evenly.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze leftovers in zippered freezer bags for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in the air fryer, no need to thaw first.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!