One of the ultimate comfort foods, Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff is now made even easier!
Rich and creamy, Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is the quick way to feed a crowd or do some meal prep for the week! This recipe makes it easy to create a one-pot meal for the entire family in no time at all!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe to your DINNER Board!
Savory Beef Stroganoff
- Hamburger Stroganoff is a recipe classic that’s packed with seasoned ground hamburger, hearty egg noodles, all cooked in a savory sauce that everyone loves!
- Made with hearty ground beef, Stroganoff is made easy in one pot in less than half the time of stovetop!
- Paleo-friendly and keto versions are totally doable with gluten-free pasta or veggie pasta substitutes!
What’s in Beef Stroganoff?
BEEF Instant Pot Stroganoff has juicy, seasoned beef (or frozen meatballs) as the base but it’s also a great way to use up steak or pork or chicken, even leftover roast stew meat!
SAUCE Short on time? Forget the sauce ingredients and simply use a can or two of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup as the sauce base. Greek yogurt will give the dish the same creamy consistency as sour cream, but with a little extra tanginess and a healthy dose of probiotics!
MUSHROOMS Instead of canned mushrooms, use fresh by adding them to the pot and sauté them with ½ cup of water.
How to Make Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Cook ground beef and onion in preheated Instant Pot.
- Add mushrooms, onion soup mix, flour, beef base, garlic powder, and black pepper. Scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot while stirring.
- Add uncooked egg noodles and broth. Cook on high until noodles are tender. Let naturally release.
- Add sour cream and stir. Serve immediately. Optional garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff is a meal all on its own, but here are a few sides that round out the entrée! Add a thick slice of No Knead Bread with a smear of Honey Butter Recipe. Pair with a side of Parmesan Roasted Broccoli or simple Air Fryer Broccoli, and a crunchy side salad like Red Leaf Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette, and dinner is served!
Ground Beef Stroganoff tastes better the next day! Keep it in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Stir and reheat in the microwave before serving again. It’s easy to freeze Beef Stroganoff! Simply scoop into a zippered bag and label the date on the outside. Frozen Stroganoff will be good for up to 8 weeks in the freezer.
PRO TIP: Thawed pasta will be soft and might break apart during reheating. Add freshly cooked pasta and dinner is served anew! The best way to thaw beef Stroganoff is to thaw it in the refrigerator, stir, and then reheat on the stove.
Tips & Tricks
Cooking in an Instant Pot is easy as long as a few tips are followed!
- Use the sauté function to cook up freshly minced garlic with the onion and hamburger.
- Try serving the meat and sauce over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for a healthy keto option!
- Always scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot between stages of cooking any recipe to avoid food getting a “burn” message.
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes To Try!
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage – so flavorful!
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup – super easy to make
- Easy Instant Pot Bolognese – classic staple recipe!
- Instant Pot Pasta With Sausage – perfect weeknight dinner
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 10 ounces mushrooms * with juice, 1 can
- 2 ½ Tablespoons onion soup mix or add 1 Tablespoon beef base, 2 teaspoons dried onions, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons beef base optional, or bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces dry egg noodles
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Preheat Instant Pot on Saute. Once hot, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add ground beef and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until onion starts softening and beef is browned.
- Add canned mushrooms* with liquid to Instant Pot, scraping the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add onion soup mix, flour, beef base, garlic powder, and black pepper and stir until well combined.
- Add egg noodles, and beef broth to Instant Pot and stir. Make sure noodles are covered. Set Instant Pot to Manual, High for 5 minutes (assumes egg noodles have a 10 minute cook time). Once complete, natural release for 5 minutes, then release pressure.
- Open Instant Pot, and carefully stir until well combined. Gently stir in sour cream and serve.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!