There’s nothing homier than the cozy scent and flavor of apple pie spice.
This quick and easy recipe is the perfect mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, filled to overflowing with fall-inspired flavor!
Once you try it, you’ll want to use it in everything from cobblers to cider!
Amazing Apple Pie Spice
- Easy ingredients! Make apple pie spice from items that are likely already in the pantry! It’s a simple blend that up-levels baked goods, beverages, and snacks!
- Making homemade spice blends is budget-friendly and keeps out fillers or added preservatives. Refill that McCormick jar with spices from a bag that can be kept in the freezer until it’s time to refill again.
- Adjust ingredients to suit the recipe or flavor preferences! There’s no substitute for fresh homemade spice blends!
- Multi-purpose apple pie spice recipe can be used in cobblers, crisps or crumbles, crockpot dump cakes, muffins, in an apple galette and even to season pumpkin seeds.
Ingredients and Variations
Spice Mix – Cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground allspice are all that’s needed for this super versatile blend! (Check expiration dates on spices and replace them as needed for the best results.)
Variations – Add sugar (or sugar-free sweetener) for an upgraded version to use on cinnamon toast. Or mix into softened butter and slather on fresh corn muffins or mix into healthy and wholesome granola bars. Sprinkle some in homemade eggnog with a splash of rum!
How to Make Apple Pie Spice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a mason jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
- See the recipe below for making apple pie spice in bulk as a lovely gift for friends and family.
Pro Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to blend apple pie spice well to avoid any lumps. Use a whisk when blending or shake it up vigorously in a jar.
- Use interchangeably with pumpkin pie spice, or with any store-bought apple pie spice you might have without changing the amounts.
- Other easy spice blends to make are pumpkin pie spice and gingerbread spice.
How to Store Apple Pie Spice
Store apple pie spice for 10-12 months in a container that fits the amount to avoid unnecessary airspace which will degrade the flavor faster. Use small desiccant packets to prohibit moisture and clumping.
Have you tried this Apple Pie Spice recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Apple Pie Spice
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients very well. Sift to remove any lumps (optional).
- Store in a mason jar with a lid or another air-tight container.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!