Oven roasted carrots come out tender crisp and perfectly caramelized with just a little oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
Easy enough for everyday dining but elegant enough for a holiday table, roasted carrots are always a family favorite!
Naturally sweet and flavorful roasted carrots in the oven are a super healthy side dish that goes with everything!
Oven Roasted Carrots!
- Budget-friendly and available year-round, carrots are a naturally sweet and healthy veggie that’s always welcome at a potluck! Keep them warm in a crock pot or Dutch oven.
- Lightly seasoned carrots are a delicious side dish for any chicken, beef, or pork recipe!
- Make extra and use them all week long in soups, stews, or even a savory pot roast!
Ingredients and Variations
Carrots: Choose carrots that are generally the same width so they cook at the same rate. Baby carrots can be used as well. Look for rainbow-colored carrots for a fun and festive-looking dish!
Seasonings: Leftover bacon fat will add a smoky flavor to roasted carrots if you have it. An herb-infused oil will also add a light flavor. Toss carrots in Italian seasoning, or a zesty Cajun seasoning.
Variations: Roast carrots with broccoli, cauliflower florets, onions, or potatoes. Make a glaze with a little bit of honey or maple syrup and a pinch of cinnamon for a sweeter dish.
How to Make Oven Roasted Carrots
- Wash, peel, and cut carrots. NOTE: While peeled carrots look cleaner, they don’t have to be peeled, just scrubbed well before cutting.
- Cut carrots into coins, sticks, or quarters (as per the recipe card below). Baby carrots can stay whole.
- Toss in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast carrots in a single layer until they are fork-tender.
Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Storing Leftover Carrots
- Keep leftover roasted carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and freeze them in zippered bags for up to 2 weeks.
- Reheat leftover carrots on the stovetop or under the broiler for about 7 minutes.
Have you tried this Oven Roasted Carrots recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Oven Roasted Carrots
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with oil, salt, and pepper. Add carrots to baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake until carrots are fork tender, 18-20 minutes for garden or baby carrots, 25-30 minutes for regular carrots.
- Garnish with parsley and pepper if desired and serve immediately.
- Cook carrots at 425°F. The high temperature caramelizes the outside and gives the best flavor.
- Cook time for garden or baby carrots is 18-20 minutes
- Cook time for regular carrots is 25-30 minutes.
- If carrots are tender when pierced with a fork they are cooked!
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!