Instant Pot Chicken And Mushroom Pasta is a tasty one-pot meal that is ready in no time!
Chicken and mushroom pasta is the creamy comfort meal you didn’t know you needed! Ground chicken, mushrooms, and pasta are quick-cooked with cream of broccoli and cheddar soup and then topped with parmesan cheese. This full meal from the Instant Pot goes from countertop to tabletop in just minutes, so it’s never been easier to get a delish dinner on the table! Plus it has vegetables, protein, and starch all in one amazing dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Instant Pot Chicken And Mushroom Pasta recipe to your DINNER Board!
Pasta in The Instant Pot!
- This chicken and mushroom pasta is easy enough for an every day meal but also makes an elegant ‘company’s coming’ main dish. Just add a salad and some bread for sopping up that delicious sauce!
- The Instant Pot transforms multi-pot recipes into one dish delish meals that are perfect for busy households!
- Chicken and mushroom pasta is a healthy and budget-conscious dish for big families with hearty appetites!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: While ground chicken is used in this recipe because it’s both affordable and filling, diced chicken breasts or thighs will also work well. In this case, remove the skins from breasts or thighs before cooking. Frozen meatballs make a perfect last-minute substitute and any leftover meat will also help the budget!
PASTA: Thicker kinds of pasta that hold up well are best for this recipe. Rotini, fusilli, penne, or bowtie give this dish some texture and visual appeal.
SAUCY SOUP: Broccoli and cheddar soup is a creamy delight and is the flavor base for this recipe! Cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and nacho cheese are all good switches to make this a new dish every time! No soup? No problem! Make a Tuscan-style dish using a jar of Alfredo sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil pesto. Or swirl in a few tablespoons of ranch dressing for a tangy chicken recipe.
ADD-INS: Broccoli or cauliflower florets, chopped spinach, sliced brussels sprouts, and zucchini bring a healthy boost as well as added texture and flavor!
How to Make Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
The Instant Pot makes dinnertime a breeze, and this recipe is no different!
- Sauté ground chicken in oil, stirring and breaking up the meat, as needed.
- Add dry pasta, soup, water, mushrooms, and all seasonings. Make sure pasta is covered (add extra water, if necessary).
- Cook on manual setting for 6 – 8 minutes (or 8 minutes, depending on the pasta). Quick-release the pressure.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, cover, and let rest for 3 minutes (so the cheese can melt).
- Stir again and sprinkle with parsley and garnish with extra parmesan cheese before serving.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
This one-dish meal only needs a simple salad like this kale Caesar, or a tangy red leaf salad with a lemon vinaigrette, and a thick slice of no knead bread for all that delicious sauce. And don’t forget some quick and easy air fryer cookies for dessert!
- Keep leftover chicken and mushroom pasta covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave (perfect for workday lunches)!
- Freezing is not recommended for this recipe as the pasta will be mushy once it is thawed. So why not make it without the pasta for a delish freezer dish, then simply thaw and heat in the instant pot and add the pasta (as per directions) when ready to enjoy.
Other Delish Instant Pot Recipes!
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken and Red Potatoes – 30 minute meal.
- Beef Stroganoff – made in the Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Noodles – so quick and easy.
- Instant Pot Pasta With Sausage – and a delicious sauce.
Instant Pot Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups dry pasta rotini, fusilli or similar pasta
- 1 can cream of broccoli and cheddar soup or your favorite flavor
- 2 cans water to cover chicken and noodles
- ½ pound mushrooms halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- fresh parsley optional garnish
- Turn Instant Pot on saute. Add olive oil and heat until hot and shimmering, about 2 minutes.
- Place ground chicken in Instant Pot and saute for about 5 minutes, or until just cooked through. Break up with the meat chopper (or a wooden spoon), stirring and breaking up the meat occasionally.
- Add pasta, soup, water, mushrooms, garlic powder, pepper, and Italian seasoning if using (in order listed). Ensure that pasta is covered with water (adding a small amount if needed to cover the pasta).
- Set Instant Pot to cook on Manual for 6-8 minutes*. Once the time is up, use Quick release to release the pressure.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Cover and rest for 3 minutes and stir again**. Sprinkle with parsley and additional fresh grated parmesan cheese to serve.
- Cream of mushroom soup and penne pasta were used to calculate nutrition.
- *6 minutes for 10-11 minute pasta, or 8 minutes for 13 minute pasta
- **if you prefer less sauce, you can remove about ¼ cup sauce without affecting the dish.
- Alternatively, stir in about 2 ounces of cream cheese to thicken the sauce (a popular option in my house!).
- Refrigerate leftovers covered for up to 4 days. Reheat in the instant pot, stovetop or in the microwave.
- Pasta does not freeze well as it becomes mushy once thawed. So if a freezer meal is the intent, simply prepare the recipe without adding the pasta. Then simply thaw, reheat in the instant pot and add the pasta (as per directions).
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.