These Easy Air Fryer Cookies are a super quick way to make soft and chewy cookies.
Got a cookie craving? If a snack attack is imminent and you can’t wait for the oven to preheat and bake, let the air fryer come to the rescue! Using an air fryer is such a quick and easy way to make soft and gooey cookies, it’ll be your fave way to make ‘em! Simply place pre made cookie dough on a parchment lined air fryer rack and bake, it really is that easy! So keep that air fryer and cookie dough handy when the next cookie craving hits.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Easy Air Fryer Cookies recipe to your DESSERTS Board!
Quick & Easy Dessert Recipe
- Both Pillsbury and Nestle Toll House brands make a variety of tasty pre-made refrigerated cookie doughs.
- Chocolate chip is always a crowd-pleaser, but other flavors such as peanut butter, oatmeal, sugar and double fudge still bake up with the perfect texture, consistency, and flavor in the air fryer.
- Make instant desserts just in time for movie night, a party, or to tuck into a lunchbox! Cook up a batch or two (or three!) of yummy air fryer cookies and watch them disappear.
Ingredients & Variations
COOKIE DOUGH: Some cookie doughs are packaged in tubes that need to be sliced and some brands are already pre-portioned and packaged in flat plastic packaging. Either will work.
VARIATIONS: Make little cookie bites, regular-sized or one big pizookie and top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Perfect for a party! Experiment with cookies made from scratch with these chocolate mint truffle cookies or these M&M cookies.
Can You Make Cookies in An Air Fryer?
Yes!! It’s a super quick and easy way to have dessert ready when that sugar craving hits!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Remove cookies from the tube, slice if necessary.
- Place dough on parchment paper.
- Air fry (as per the recipe below).
- Remove the basket or tray and cool.
Air Fryer Baking Tips
For best results, keep cookie dough cold until ready to bake. This will help ensure that the cookies will not spread too far, and that the center stays soft and chewy once they’re baked.
Cut dough on parchment paper so that it does not stick.
For round air fryer baskets, a coffee filter will fit perfectly
To achieve a perfectly round cookie, place a cup over the warm cookie and swirl it around. The motion, along with the steam trapped in the glass, will form a perfectly round cookie.
Tips to Store Leftover Cookies
Keep air fryer cookies in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Store the uncooked dough in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Freeze cooled, baked cookies or uncooked dough in separate zippered bags for up to 1 month. Allow frozen cookie dough to thaw before shaping into cookies and baking.
Baked cookies, frozen or thawed, can be remade to fresh and hot by simply reheating them in the air fryer for a couple of minutes.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Easter Edible Cookie Dough with Mini Eggs – made in minutes.
- No Bake Chocolate Macaroons – easy drop cookie recipe.
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies – quick and easy prep.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – a classic.
Easy Air Fryer Cookies
- 1 roll chocolate chip cookie dough chilled
- ...or your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat air fryer to 320˚F. Trim parchment to fit air fryer basket.
- Cut cookie dough into ½ inch thick slices and place onto parchment. Keep remaining dough refrigerated.
- Bake for 6 minutes. For softer cookies, bake for 5 minutes. For a more crisp cookie bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on parchment paper for 2 minutes before removing.
- After slicing cookie dough, shape into a round shape and flatten slightly if desired.
- Multiple brands were tested and:
- cooked at 320˚F for 5, 6 and 7 minutes - all held together well.
- cooked at 330˚F for 5 and 6 minutes - also held together well, but were slightly crunchier.
- Preference is 320˚F for 6 minutes for all brands.
- Use a large spatula to remove the parchment from the air fryer and place on a cooling rack, especially if another batch of cookies is going into the air fryer. Alternately, pull out the basket, and cool cookies in the air fryer.
- Store cooled air fryer cookies at room temperature in a covered container or zippered bag for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Refrigerate uncooked dough in a zippered bag for up to 10 days, or place in freezer for a month.
- Allow frozen cookie dough to thaw before shaping into cookies and baking.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.