These Gluten-free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are so chewy and soft that it will be impossible to stop at just one!
Peanut butter cookies are a homemade classic for many reasons – they are sweet, filling, and they have a melt in your mouth quality that everyone loves. This recipe, made with natural peanut butter, is so simple and easy to make that even the kids can bake them. Craving chocolate? Sprinkle in some chocolate chips or even press in a Hershey Kiss to each cookie and let the party begin!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies recipe to your DESSERTS Board!
Favorite Flourless Cookie
- Because these cookies are made without flour, they are ideal for anyone on a gluten free diet. And even without the flour, they still have the flavor and consistency of a regular peanut butter cookie!
- Incorporating natural peanut butter into the recipe just makes these healthy cookies even better!
- This recipe can be modified, so add in some chocolate or nuts, whatever satisfies a craving.
- And above all these no flour peanut butter cookies are so easy to make that even the most novice baker can follow this recipe with ease!
Ingredients & Variations
PEANUT BUTTER – There are many varieties of peanut butter to be found at the supermarket like natural or regular, smooth or crunchy. This recipe calls for natural peanut butter without added sugar, but any variety will work.
VARIATIONS – Add in’s are a great way to modify any cookie recipe. And chocolate and peanut butter make great flavor companions! So add some chocolate chips to the batter, or press in a Hershey Kiss to each cookie before it’s baked. Other delicious add in’s are chopped nuts or even dried fruit. Get creative and have fun with this recipe!
How to Make Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
These easy cookies will be ready in no time!
- Mix the ingredients.
- Drop onto a baking sheet (as per the recipe below).
- Sprinkle with salt and bake.
Tips for the Best Cookies
Use an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter to the baking pan. This will ensure that the cookies are similar in size for even baking.
Store no flour peanut butter cookies cookies in a sealed container on the counter for 1-2 days, or in the refrigerator for about 1 week. They make a delicious and quick grab and go snack!
Freeze cookie dough in an airtight container or zippered bag, either pre-portioned or in bulk, for 3-4 weeks. If frozen in bulk, thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours then scoop onto cookies sheets. If pre-portioned, simply pop frozen dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 1-2 minutes longer than the recommended cook time (depending on the size of the cookie)
For soft and chewy cookies, do not over bake them. A trial run is often helpful because oven temperatures can vary. Place just one or two cookies on the cookie sheet and bake, watching carefully to see how much time it takes. Then proceed to bake the remaining cookies with confidence.
Put that stand mixer to work! It will help ensure that the dough is fully mixed and easy to handle.
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes!
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies – another gluten free recipe.
- Pumpkin Energy Balls – delicious and healthy.
- Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies – perfect for the holidays.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – a classic recipe!
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or additional sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, both sugars, vanilla, and egg until well combined.
- Scoop dough using a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop (or a spoon) and place about 1 inch apart on baking tray. Flatten cookies slightly with a fork, making a crosshatch pattern. To do this, press one fork impression into the dough, then turn the fork 90 degrees and make a second impression. If desired, sprinkle salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake cookies until just golden around the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Regular peanut butter was used to calculate nutrition.
- Use a cookie scoop for evenly sized cookies.
- For soft and chewy cookies, do not over bake them.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days, and in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
- Freeze cookie dough either in pre-portioned cookies or as the entire batch of dough. To thaw the entire batch, refrigerate for a couple hours in order to scoop dough.
- Pre-portioned cookies can be baked from frozen, just add 1-2 minutes onto the bake time in the recipe.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies recipe!