Carrots are a sweet and healthy side dish, no question. But with this Brown Sugar Carrots recipe, it is guaranteed that they will taste even sweeter!
The humble and abundant carrot is such an easy vegetable to spruce up. All that’s needed is a little brown sugar and butter to make a sweet and tasty glaze that pairs so well with this vegetable. It’s a quick side dish perfect for any day of the week, yet is elegant enough to serve with Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Brown Sugar Carrots recipe to your SIDE DISH Board!
Best Brown Sugar Carrots
- Make a side dish of these brown sugar glazed carrots that everyone will love. Even those finicky eaters at the dinner table will love this dish.
- Brown sugar glazed carrots are super easy to make. With only 4 ingredients and just a few simple steps, this recipe is perfect for hectic weeknights.
- Glazed carrots are a versatile side that would be delicious with Beef Bourguignon, Beef Brisket Slow Cooker Recipe or Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
What’s in Brown Sugar Carrots?
CARROTS! Fresh garden carrots would be absolutely delicious used in this recipe. However, the bagged ones commonly found at the supermarket will also be fabulous. Be adventurous and try colored carrots! Packaged baby carrots, or even the frozen variety, would work too.
THE GLAZE Only two ingredients – butter and brown sugar. For those wanting to limit their sugar intake, replace the brown sugar with maple syrup or honey.
VARIATIONS Sprinkle these carrots with some cinnamon for added flavor and spice. Or add ¼ cup orange juice for a citrusy twist. While these carrots are made on the stove, they could also be baked in the oven at 425°F for 25 minutes.
How to Cook Brown Sugar Carrots
Brown sugar carrots are an easy side dish to add to any menu!
- Cook carrots as per the recipe below.
- Stir in brown sugar and butter.
- Garnish and serve.
Crock Pot – These little sweet carrots can also be made easily in the crock pot. Add all the ingredients to the pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
Can They be Made Ahead?
To make this side dish even quicker, cook the carrots in advance. Just before serving add them to a pan, heat, and then add the butter and brown sugar.
Brown sugar glazed carrots can also be fully prepared, then reheated in a 325°F oven or a pan until heated through.
How to Store
Cooked carrots will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They can easily be reheated in the microwave or a pot on the stove.
Freeze leftover brown sugar carrots for 10-12 months in an air tight container. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator and heat in a 325°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Other Easy Side Dishes To Try!
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe – easy 5 minute prep!
- Oven Roasted Radishes – delicious low carb side.
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – quick and easy.
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts – perfect for special occasions.
- Rosemary Potatoes – oven roasted.
Brown Sugar Carrots
- Add about 4 cups water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add sliced carrots and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and salt and toss until sugar and butter are melted. Sprinkle with pepper and parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!