What is it about fresh Apple Bundt Cake with glaze that makes it so irresistible? It’s a moist and deluxe cake filled with nuts and apples, and just dripping with creamy caramel sauce – that’s what!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Apple Bundt Cake recipe to your Dessert Board!
Bundt Cake recipes that really work aren’t always easy to find, but this is hands down the best Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake of its kind, tweaked to perfection! You’ll thank me when you take your first bite!
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake is just as easy to make as Baked Pumpkin Donuts With Pumpkin Spice Glaze, or fancier desserts like Rhubarb Galette! And it’s every bit as delicious. Use walnuts to make it an Apple Walnut Bundt Cake, or you can use other nuts if you prefer!
What is the Best Apple to Use in a Bundt Cake?
My go to apple for any kind of baking is always the Granny Smith. The combination of tartness with the sweet fresh apple bundt cake seems perfect to me. (I’d even like to try adding a little bit of rhubarb to this cake for extra tang! ) For a sweeter apple spiced bundt cake, try using Jonagold or Honey Crisp, Gala or Spartan. If you don’t like tart apples in baking, use any of these favorites, or a combination, for a delicious treat everyone is sure to rave over! Add the creamy caramel sauce and you have a delectable Caramel Apple Bundt Cake that will be fit for the County Fair!
How Do You Bake the Perfect Bundt Cake?
This is one of those desserts that’s easy to make but yields a fantastic result!
- Mix the wet ingredients together, except the vanilla.
- Add 2 cups of the flour and mix well.
- Add the last cup of flour and all the other ingredients, including vanilla. Beat thoroughly.
- Mix in the apples and nuts last.
Wait to make the glaze until after you turn the cake out of the pan and let it cool.
How Long Should a Bundt Cake Bake?
Standard sized bundt cake recipes take around an hour and 15 minutes to bake, like the recipe calls for. However, everyone’s oven is a little different and it can vary a bit depending on your bundt pan. To check that the cake is done:
- Stick a toothpick or small paring knife into the middle and see if it comes out clean
- When done, the cake should be pulling away from the sides of the pan a little bit
- Make sure the color has changed to a golden brown shade
How to Keep a Cake From Sticking to the Pan
Of course make sure you use a good quality nonstick bundt pan. (I ordered mine from Amazon and you can find them at baking stores or Walmart as well.) Prepare your bundt pan by greasing it really really well (every crevice must be coated), and dust it with granulated sugar.
Make sure the cake sets well before turning it out. If you leave the cake cooling in the pan for too long, it will stick because of condensation on the inside of the pan! But the same thing will happen if you try to turn it out too soon!
It should be cool enough to lay your hand on it, but still toasty warm, and a little bit “crusty” on top. That’s the moment to wait for, so check it every few minutes until the temperature “feels” right. This should take around 10-20 minutes.
When the time is right, carefully turn it upside down onto a cake plate and tap the bottom and outside edges while slowly lifting the pan off. Cool completely before glazing.
Apple Bundt cake with glaze is the perfect dessert for any occasion and is delicious served for dessert, or even breakfast, with a steaming cup of java or hot tea! Enjoy it for the holiday season or any season! You could call it a fruitcake nobody will complain about!
Apple Bundt Cake
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup nuts
- ½ cup butter 1 stick
- 4 Tablespoons cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease bundt pan with butter and coat with granulated sugar.
- Beat together oil, sugar, and eggs for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix together carefully. Add last cup flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat together. Add apples and nuts. Batter will be quite thick.
- Add batter to bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Add glaze ingredients to a small pot. Whisk together over medium low heat, mixing until well combined. Cool slightly (about 3-5 minutes) to allow to thicken slightly. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
PIN this Apple Bundt Cake recipe
Recipe from Bergman, Kathy. “Apple Bundt Cake.” Barron Electric Member Cookbook. Ed. Barron Electric Cooperative. Barron: Barron Electric Cooperative, 2016. 110. Portable Document Format.