This quick and easy Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts recipe makes absolutely the best crispy brussels sprouts!
Brussels sprouts are enjoying newfound popularity for all their deliciously healthy low carb and keto benefits! Learn how to make this tasty side dish with the simple and easy to follow recipe found here. In just minutes, perfectly prepared brussels will be ready to share!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts recipe to your SIDE DISH Board!
Best Brussels Sprouts
- A low-carb diet darling, brussels sprouts are the ultimate alternative to starchy potatoes and carrots.
- Made quick and easy in the Instant Pot, brussels sprouts come out tender, juicy, and lightly seasoned to perfection every time!
- Serve tossed with a splash of balsamic vinegar and top with bacon bits for a quick and easy appetizer or side dish!
- For an elegantly easy meal, serve a side of brussels sprouts with a roasted or smoked pork loin and a side of creamy lemon rice. Add a crispy red leaf salad with lemon vinaigrette and dinner is done!
Ingredients and Variations
VEGETABLES: Add cauliflower florets, chunks of zucchini, or sweet potatoes to the Instant Pot since they all have the same density and will cook at the same rate.
SEASONINGS: Steam brussels sprouts in chicken broth and lightly toss in butter, salt, and pepper before serving. For a slightly sweet twist, toss cooked brussels sprouts in maple syrup and then place them under the broiler to roast until they are browned.
How to Make Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
Tasty and savory brussel sprouts in the Instant Pot are as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Add liquid ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Clean & trim brussel sprouts & cut in half. Place on Instant Pot trivet & cook on high per recipe below.
- Quick-release & serve with butter, salt & pepper.
In the Air Fryer:
- Toss brussels sprouts in butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place in a single layer in the basket. Air fry for about 4 minutes.
- Shake the basket and cook another 4 minutes.
Best Tips for Brussels
- Brussels sprouts are available year-round and can be sold individually or on the stalk from a farmer’s market.
- Trim away and torn or discolored leaves. Rinse and pat dry before using.
- To avoid cooking too long, try a test batch before cooking all of them.
- Brussels sprouts taste great with variations, try a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan or a splash of balsamic reduction.
- Try serving brussel sprouts as an appetizer with homemade queso dip, or Dillionaire veggie dip.
Keep leftover brussels sprouts in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Freeze in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside for about 3 weeks. Thaw, then reheat in the microwave. Leftover brussels sprouts can be cut up and added to a stir fry, a casserole, or diced finely and added to a soup.
Other Easy Side Dish Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – simple air fryer recipe!
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – made easily in oven.
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts – another tasty brussels recipe.
- Air Fryer Green Beans – quick and easy
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – family favorite recipe!
Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ½ teaspoon salt plus to taste for serving
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Add chicken broth and water to bottom of Instant Pot insert.
- Clean brussels sprouts, trim the bottom, and remove any spoiled leaves. Cut large sprouts in half. Place sprouts on the trivet in the Instant Pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to cook on High Pressure. For tender sprouts, cook for 3 minutes and for more crisp sprouts, cook for 2 minutes.
- Quick release pressure. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving dish leaving broth behind. Toss with butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.