Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Treats are a colorful and fun twist on the regular rice crispy squares recipe!
Fruity pebbles cereal, mini marshmallows, butter and vanilla come together quickly and easily to make these tasty rainbow-colored treats. Ready in about 15 minutes, this no bake recipe is perfect for last minute desserts or when it’s too hot to turn the oven on! Kids and adults alike will love this gooey hand held square, perfect for school lunch boxes or as an afternoon snack. And this recipe is so easy that the kids can get in on the fun and make them all by themselves!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
An Easy After-School Treat!
- Surprise the kiddos with chewy, gooey, colorful Rice Crispy squares as an after-school treat or sneak one or two into a lunchbox or backpack for a midday snack!
- Make Krispy rice cereal treats anytime a snack attack hits! This no-bake recipe is ready in minutes which makes it a fun, kid-friendly activity without heating up the oven. This recipe is super easy to double or triple up! Perfect for parties and picnics! Mix in all kinds of ‘extras’ and create a new snack every time!
Ingredients & Variations
CEREAL: Crispy rice cereal has a light and airy texture, and Fruity Pebbles Cereal makes them extra colorful! Either will work in this recipe, or mix them both together! Other cereals to try are Cap’n Crunch, Sugar Puff’s, Chex, or Kix.
MARSHMALLOWS: While miniature marshmallows are called for in this recipe and will melt quickly, large marshmallows will also work. They can be cut in smaller pieces for a faster melt. 7 ounces or roughly 2 ½ cups of marshmallow crème (AKA ‘fluff’) can be used instead of marshmallows, or in addition to marshmallows, for extra chewy squares. Avoid cooking the marshmallow mixture too long or the sugars will become hard and the squares will not have that soft and chewy texture.
ADD-INS: There are so many add-in options! Chopped nuts, M&Ms, chocolate or butterscotch chips, Reese’s Pieces, crushed Oreos, or even a swirl of peanut butter can be mixed in!
How to Make Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Treats
- Melt butter and stir in marshmallows. Heat until marshmallows are melted (as per recipe below).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir cereal into marshmallow mixture and press into a prepared pan. Cool to firm up, then cut and serve.
Tips & Tricks
- Press the mixture into a pan using greased fingers. This saves washing a spatula or measuring cup.
- Pack the mixture lightly so the squares stay light and airy.
- Prep the pan with pan release spray, cake goop, or place parchment paper in and over the sides, for easy removal and cleanup. Once the squares are cooled and set, simply lift the parchment paper out of the pan.
- The more fresh the ingredients are, the better the result! Make sure marshmallows are soft, use real butter and vanilla for the creamiest, richest flavor!
Keep leftover fruity pebbles marshmallow crispy treats squares in a covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Crispy treats can be frozen but will lose their shape once thawed, so this is not recommended. But these fun treats are so quick and easy to make, simply whip up a fresh batch when needed!
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Cranberry Magic Cookie Bars – decadent!
- No Bake Red Velvet Cake Balls – fun to make
- Banana Granola Bars – a healthy treat
- No Bake Chocolate Macaroons – easy no bake recipe
- Rice Krispie Squares – a favorite dessert
Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Treats
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large pot on medium low, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir, stirring until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and stir well.
- Add cereal and mix well. If using additional marshmallows*, add and stir in.
- Press firmly into the pan (using the back of a greased spoon or measuring cup if needed).
- Cool. Using foil, remove squares from the pan and cut.
- *If using a 13 ounce package of mini marshmallows, remove 1 ½ cups. These can be used for add-ins if desired.
- Use fresh ingredients for best results.
- Pack the mixture lightly into the pan.
- Use greased hands to press the mixture into the pan.
- Use a 9x9 inch pan for taller squares.
- Instead of lining with foil, line parchment paper along the bottom and over the sides for easy removal.
- Butter pans, use pan release spray or cake goop.
- Cover squares and keep at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.