If you’re short on time and need an easy, lusciously gooey dessert to keep the kids happy, these peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect solution!
Movie night? Last-minute playdate? A little cookie dough, some condensed milk, a bit of dark chocolate and some peanut butter create the perfect bar!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe to your Dessert Board!
I made this recipe for a BBQ and they were completely gone before I even had a chance to taste! This is the perfect treat, along with the super popular recipe for Copycat Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake, to whip up for a crowd at the lake, a day at the beach, or picnic in the park (or your own yard!).
How to Make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
These bars are as quick as it gets when it comes to homemade baked treats! Chewy peanut butter chocolate chip bars even a recipe the kids can try making on their own, they’re that easy!
- Spread chocolate chip cookie dough out so it fills the bottom of a prepared pan.
- Combine milk, peanut butter, and flour in an electric mixer and spread mixture evenly over the top of the cookie dough.
- Drop chunks of cookie dough on the top of the peanut butter mixture.
How Long to Cook
Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes at 350° F. The center should stay a little bit gooey so they are nice and chewy.
This recipe is perfect for add-ins! Here’s our favorite list of add-ins, but don’t hesitate to get creative with what’s in the pantry!!
- Nuts: chopped pecans, walnuts, or peanuts.
- Fruit: raisins, toasted coconut, dried blueberries, cherries, or apricots.
- Toppings: ice cream, whipped cream, caramel sauce, raspberry jam, maraschino cherries, confetti candies, or jimmies.
- Other Add-Ins: mini M&M’s, mini Reese’s peanut butter candies, toffee chips, butterscotch chips, crushed Oreos, crushed cereal like fruity pebbles, granola, oatmeal, crushed potato chips.
Let the kids pick out their favorites and create their own masterpieces!
How to Store
Once the cookie bars are fully cooled, they can be cut into bars and refrigerated or frozen for later. While these are best enjoyed within about three days, heating them up in the microwave for about 10 seconds will make them soft, melty, and fantastic!
FRIDGE: Store peanut butter chocolate chip bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, if they last that long!
FREEZER: Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store it in a zippered bag or Stasher Bag with the date on it.
Perfect to pop into a lunchbox or backpack and by noon, they’ll be thawed out and ready to eat!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 33 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough 2 x 16.5 ounce tubes
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with foil (or parchment paper). Spray with non stick spray.
- Press one roll of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the condensed milk, peanut butter, and flour until well combined. Spread over the dough in the pan, leaving a small amount of dough showing around the edge.
- Break the second roll of cookie dough up into small crumbles and sprinkle over the peanut butter filling. Lightly press the dough into the filling. It will not completely cover the filling.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until browned on top and just barely set in the center. Cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Pin this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar recipe!