This recipe for peanut butter brownies bakes up soft and chewy!
Five ingredients are all you need to get fancy bakery brownies in minutes! These super fudgy brownies bake up with swirls of creamy peanut butter on the top!
Who can say no to rich and delectable peanut butter brownies that will steal the show at any gathering?
Perfect for Peanut Butter Lovers!
- Super easy peanut butter brownies taste just like Reese’s peanut butter cups using a simple brownie mix and smooth or crunchy peanut butter! And so many ideas for add-ins and extras!
- This recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for quick after-school treats, an invite out, or a special occasion dessert with a scoop of ice cream or caramel sauce!
- Make and take or make and freeze in single servings to pop into a backpack or briefcase for a sweet surprise!
Brownie Mix – No need to buy the pricey name brand of brownie mix! Some boxed versions even have extra chocolate chips mixed in for an extra fudgy brownie! Store-brand brownie mixes work or you can DIY one-bowl brownies that are super easy to make!
Peanut Butter – Just like cream cheese brownies, this recipe is all about the swirl! Go extra creamy and use the full 4 tablespoons of peanut butter if you want to! If using natural peanut butter, be sure to mix it thoroughly to incorporate the oil in it, but ‘regular’ peanut butter works best. Creamy or crunchy, any style will do!
Variations – For those with nut allergies, feel free to switch out the peanut butter for almond, sunflower, cashew, or even pistachio butter. White mini chocolate chips, mini M&M’s, Reese’s pieces, or crushed Nutter Butter or Oreo cookies over the top will add even more chocolatey peanut butter flavor! Make a festive peanut butter brownie with a topping of chopped dried cranberries and a light dusting of powdered sugar with a sprinkle of red and green sugar!
How to Make Peanut Butter Brownies
Bake up soft and chewy peanut butter fudge brownies in minutes!
- Mix brownie batter as directed in the recipe below.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Swirl peanut butter over the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut!
How to Store Brownies
Keep leftover peanut brownies (if there ARE any!) in a covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Wrap single portions in plastic wrap, then wrap in foil. Place in a zippered freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Chop frozen brownies into bite-sized pieces for a handy frozen snack, or add them to an ice cream sundae for a decadent treat. Or simply thaw them at room temperature and enjoy.
Have you tried this recipe for Peanut Butter Brownies? Leave a comment and rating below!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- Preheat oven to the temperature instructed on the brownie box. Line a baking pan (whatever size the brownie box suggests) with parchment paper.
- To a medium bowl, add brownie mix plus ingredients listed on the box. Using an electric mixer or whisk, mix until smooth.
- Pour brownie mixture into the prepared pan and spread to the edges if needed.
- Drizzle peanut butter* over the brownie batter. With a knife, gently swirl the peanut butter over the top of the batter.
- Bake for the time instructed on the brownie box, or until an inserted toothpick comes clean. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares and serve!
- Nutrition is calculated using 2 eggs and 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- *If peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, warm it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
- 4 Tablespoons of peanut butter will make for creamy brownies! Add as much or little as you’d like.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!