This homemade banana bread recipe is super easy to make and the result is a soft and moist Nut Free Banana Bread.
No doubt about it, banana bread is a standby quick bread that will satisfy a sugar craving. This classic banana bread recipe keeps it simple so that even a less skilled or young baker will have no trouble making it. And there are no nuts added so it is perfect for anyone with a nut allergy to pack for work or a school lunch. Or for anyone who simply likes their quick bread moist and delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Nut Free Banana Bread recipe to your BREADS Board!
Best Nut Free Banana Bread
- This homemade banana bread is the best because it uses mayonnaise! This white and whipped blend of ingredients gives baked goodies a moist and tender crumb, and using it in this recipe does just that.
- This quick bread recipe is also ideal for anyone on a dairy free diet because there is no milk, cream, or butter added.
- Banana bread is a tried and true quick bread that people come back to all the time. It is perfectly sweet, moist and delicious plus it’s so easy to make! It’s ideal for serving guests who pop over for an afternoon visit.
- Since this recipe does not contain nuts, it is the best choice to pack in kids’ lunches.
- Have more bananas to use up? Make Banana Granola Bars or a Banana Cream Pie.
Ingredients & Variations
BANANAS – The riper the banana, the sweeter the result. A green banana is a little more tart because it has not fully developed, and the sugars have not fully developed. However, a brown banana has developed more sugars, therefore making it sweeter.
MAYONNAISE – Because mayonnaise has eggs and oil, it is a useful addition to baked goods. It helps keep a quick bread moist and tender. Regular mayo or miracle whip can also be used in this recipe.
VARIATIONS – Banana bread can be easily modified to specific preferences. Add some chocolate chips for extra sweetness or use a flour substitute to make it gluten free. This recipe can also be used make muffins. Just grease muffin tins, add the batter and cook for about 20 minutes. Banana bread can also be made with coconut milk (add 2 eggs, 2 cups flour, mashed bananas, sugar, 1½ tsp of baking powder, and ½ tsp of baking soda).
PRO TIP! Only have green bananas? To ripen bananas quickly place them on a baking sheet and put them in a preheated 300°F oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes. If there is a little more time, place them in a brown paper bag for 2-3 days, ideally with other fruit such as avocado or apples.
How to Make Banana Bread
The best classic banana bread coming right up!
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Whisk dry ingredients together (as per recipe below).
- Add dry ingredients to the wet. Mix.
- Bake, slice, and serve!
Tips for Best Banana Bread
First and foremost, don’t overmix the batter. Mix only enough to combine the ingredients for a moist, tender texture.
Make sure to use ripe bananas that are mashed well. Alternately, use a blender to mash them. A smooth consistency will help spread the sweet banana flavor throughout the bread.
Always add the dry to the wet ingredients. This order of mixing helps to keep pockets of dry flour from forming.
And remember to grease the pan, which helps make for beautifully cut wedges of banana bread.
How to Store
If there is any banana bread left over it can be stored on the counter, in the refrigerator, or frozen. In all cases let the banana bread cool completely. If it will be left on the counter, place it in an air tight container with paper towels on the top and bottom. It will keep for 2-3 days stored this way. Refrigerate for a week, wrapped in plastic wrap. Freezing is also a great option. It can be frozen whole and will keep for 3-4 months. However, for a quick and easy snack for lunches, cut into individual servings, wrap in plastic wrap and place all of these in a freezer bag with a label.
Other Easy Banana Bread Recipes!
- Moist Banana Bread – 15 minute prep!
- Banana Walnut Bread Recipe – delicious.
- Simple Banana Bread – easy recipe.
- Sourdough Banana Bread – with sourdough starter.
Nut-Free Banana Bread
- 3 mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or miracle whip)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Mix together bananas, mayonnaise, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add to banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely. Slice and serve!
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.