This recipe for bright and healthy roasted cherry tomatoes makes the perfect snack, side dish, or addition to pasta, soups, or salads!
Cherry tomatoes seasoned with herbs, olive oil, and red wine vinegar give the right burst of fresh, zesty flavor to any dish they are added to.
Oven roasting intensifies the natural sweet-tart taste of tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian herbs for an instant treat!
Perfectly Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Oven-roasted cherry tomatoes pop with caramelized sweetness and only take minutes to make in the oven!
- Serve roasted cherry tomatoes fresh from the oven to top chicken, steaks, or fish, or chill them and add them to a summery pasta salad!
- Make a tasty, simple meal, toss with hot pasta right after draining. Add some of the pasta water to loosen if needed, and top with chicken, beef, or cheese!
- You’ll want to double up this recipe to use all week long or freeze them for future recipes!
Ingredients and Variations
Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes are best fresh from the garden or farmer’s market, but are still available year-round in the supermarket. Multi-colored grape tomatoes will work and make for a striking presentation. If cherry or grape tomatoes aren’t available, use Romas since they are meatier and have thinner skins than other varieties.
Seasonings: Fresh basil and freshly minced garlic are mixed with olive oil and create a light sauce as the tomatoes are slow-roasted. PRO TIP: Save a little fresh basil for a garnish, if desired. Switch the red wine vinegar for balsamic vinegar or a dash of port wine, if you have it.
Variations: Add some chopped asparagus, pearl onions, or sliced Brussels sprouts to the cherry tomatoes for an even more colorful dish! Sprinkle the finished dish with parmesan cheese, bleu cheese, or feta crumbles for a tangy twist!
How to Roast Cherry Tomatoes
- Cut tomatoes in half and toss with remaining ingredients, (as described in the recipe card, below).
- Bake in a single layer at 400°F until the tomatoes are tender, about 15-30 minutes or until tender and browned to your liking.
Ways to Use Roasted Tomatoes
Roasted cherry tomatoes have limitless possibilities! Add them to fresh pasta or tomato pie, use them to top baked salmon, or serve them in bruschetta with slices of toasted no-knead bread. Roasted cherry tomatoes and make a savory spread when blended with softened butter and topped onto a Tomahawk steak.
Storing Roasted Tomatoes
Roasted cherry tomatoes will last up to four days if they are covered in the refrigerator. Freeze them in zippered bags for up to a month, but know they won’t be as firm but will be excellent in a cheesy Rotel dip, or creamy tomato soup.
Have you tried this Roasted Cherry Tomatoes recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut large cherry or grape tomatoes in half or quarter Roma tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomatoes to a baking tray or baking dish. Roast for 15-30 minutes* or until cooked to desired doneness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!