Cooking quinoa in Instant Pot is an efficient way to prepare this protein-packed “ancient grain” to use in all your hot or cold dishes.
This recipe makes quinoa that’s light and tender and ready in less than 5 minutes! Use it as a side dish, or filler ingredient for tacos, wraps, or salads.
Using broth or water, quinoa and a bit of salt, this 3 ingredient recipe is extra quick to make in the Instant Pot.
Easy Instant Pot Quinoa
- Technically classified as a seed, quinoa is cooked in much the same way as other grains and is a popular ingredient used in various dishes.
- It’s affordable, accessible, and has a mild, nutty flavor that goes with anything!
- Quinoa is a superfood substitution for rice, beans, and pasta. It’s a nutrient-rich grain that contains protein, fiber, and a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, that are preserved when cooked in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients and Variations
Quinoa: Varieties of quinoa aren’t price-driven so feel free to use white, red, or black quinoa in your recipes, but avoid cooking rice and quinoa together in this recipe.
Broth: Broth or water is needed to cook the quinoa. Any variety of broth works and feel free to add any seasonings you might like that complement your recipes. For example, if it’s Taco Night, cook quinoa with taco seasoning and use it as a high protein, vegetarian switch for taco meat.
How to Cook Quinoa in the Instant Pot
- Add quinoa, broth, and salt to the Instant Pot as described in the recipe below.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 minute and allow a natural release for 15 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and serve.
Ways to Use Quinoa
Quinoa is so easy to make, you’ll find yourself adding scoops of this powerful protein in everything from omelets to soups!
Mild-flavored quinoa can be made into a hot breakfast cereal by stirring in some milk, brown sugar or honey, dried fruit, and nuts.
Quinoa is the base star of this colorful and crunchy thai quinoa salad that is a perfect make-ahead meal for school and workdays, and this kale quinoa salad can also be tucked into a pita pocket or scooped into a wrap for a healthy, portable lunch or snack!
Switch out the beef and make a hearty bowl of vegetarian crockpot chili, or sub out the lentils for quinoa in sloppy joes. For a taste of Mexico, use quinoa as the main protein along with black beans in this popular taco quinoa bowl. Or use this recipe to make a pilaf and serve it with creamy mushroom pork chops.
Storing Leftover Quinoa
- Store leftover Instant pot quinoa in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days.
- Quinoa freezes nicely! Simply scoop it into freezer bags and store it for up to a year.
More Side Dishes
Instant Pot Quinoa
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 18 ounces vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add quinoa to the Instant Pot insert. Add broth and salt and stir to combine.
- Close Instant Pot and set for 1 minute on high pressure.
- Allow Instant Pot to natural release for 15 minutes, then manually release.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork before serving.
- You can use any type of quinoa you prefer. This recipe is not suitable for rice and quinoa mixtures.
- Swap out the vegetable broth for any broth, or water.
- This is great for a base recipe when making any kind of quinoa. Add spices, protein, etc. to make it a full meal, or just use it as a side.
- Leftover Instant pot quinoa will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!