Baked Parmesan Zucchini is the perfect side dish for just about any meal!
Garden or market fresh zucchini is sliced and tossed with olive oil, herbs, and parmesan cheese, baked in the oven, and then finished under the broiler. Zucchini become perfectly tender with a crisp cheesy coating that is irresistible! Serve these tasty baked zucchini slices as a side dish along with any beef, chicken, pork, or fish entrée! Or serve them as delish appetizer, or add them to a stir fry or soup. There are so many possibilities with this simple squash recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Best Baked Parmesan Zucchini!
- Oven-baked zucchini slices are super quick and easy to make and are a healthy addition to any entrée or added to a side dish. Also delicious as an appetizer with some Tzatziki to dip into! We can eat an entire pan of this dish in about 5 minutes!
- Stir oven parmesan zucchini into your favorite hot pasta dish, add it onto homemade garlic bread, or serve as a stuffed side without cutting it into slices!
- It doesn’t take long to make this flavorful side dish since there is no peeling or processing of any kind! Zucchini is ready when you are!
Ingredients and Variations
ZUCCHINI: Garden fresh is always best! Choose zucchini squash that are firm and heavy and without any blemishes on the skin. Yellow squash works just as well. Sliced tomatoes or potatoes can be added to this recipe for more flavor, color, and texture!
SEASONINGS: Use a packaged Italian seasoning mix or make a super easy DIY Italian blend that can be used in dressings, dips, and even used as a rub for meat! Or kick it up a notch and add spicy homemade taco seasoning! Panko or any packaged bread crumb mixture can be added to the seasonings for a crispier recipe!
How to Bake Parmesan Zucchini
- A mandoline will work to easily cut uniform slices, but a sharp knife will work too.
- Coat zucchini slices with oil, seasoning, and half the parmesan cheese (as per recipe below).
- Place zucchini on baking tray, top with more parmesan, bake, and broil!
- Garnish with parsley and season to taste (optional).
Keep leftover baked zucchini in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat quickly on the stovetop or in the air fryer (to make them crispy again!) and season, as necessary. Or, like me, just eat them cold out right of the refrigerator!
Other Squash Recipes
- Grilled Zucchini – quick 5 minute prep!
- Roasted Acorn Squash – delicious side dish
- Baked Zucchini Sticks – tasty appetizer or side
- Roasted Delicata Squash – different and easy to make
- Lemon Orzo With Zucchini – a favorite
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini cut into ½ inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Dressing mix or ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning (or basil), ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- chopped parsley optional, for garnish (or basil or thyme leaves)
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl or zip top bag, add zucchini, oil, seasoning, and half of the cheese. Toss to coat.
- Place zucchini in a single layer on a baking tray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender crisp and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley if using, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- Nutrition calculated without optional and to taste ingredients.
- Refrigerate leftover baked zucchini in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop, quickly under the broiler or in the air fryer.
- Freeze leftovers and use in stir fries, soups or other recipes.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Recipe from Spend With Pennies