These delectable banana corn muffins taste just like muffins made from scratch!
This recipe for banana corn muffins uses pre-made corn muffin mix! Once you try these banana cornbread muffins they’ll be everyone’s favorite for breakfast, lunch, or a grab-and-go snack after school!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Banana Corn Muffin recipe to your Breakfast Board!
Corn muffins are a fun and easy recipe for young chefs to practice their cooking skills too! They’re so quick and simple to make. Our favorite (and most affordable!) brand is Jiffy, which can usually be found two or three boxes for a dollar!
Corn Muffin Magic!
We love baking with instant corn muffin mix because it’s already got the base for so many creative uses! One bowl is all it takes for perfect corn muffins. For big families on a budget, Jiffy corn muffin mixes are not only a timesaver in the kitchen but can round out any meal— breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
We love corn muffins for their versatility. They literally go with everything! So far, we haven’t found a combo that we don’t like:
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins – great with sweet and savory dishes!
- Blueberry Corn Muffins – perfect for brunch or dessert
- Honey Cornbread Muffins – simple, awesome with jam, or chili!
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins – one of our most popular recipes
How to Doctor Up Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Who would have thought you could make banana bread with Jiffy corn muffin mix? But why stop there? Because of the sweet/savory flavor of cornflour, it’s super easy to doctor it up a bit!
We like to add seasoning mixes like powdered ranch dressing or taco seasoning to the batter to give them a little bit of a kick. Check out below for more ideas!
Banana Corn Muffin Mix-Ins
Anything goes with the delicate flavor of corn and banana — get creative, and bake away!
FOR SWEET MUFFINS
- Of course, nuts are a perfect complement to the banana flavor. We love walnuts and pecans.
- Why not add frozen blueberries, dried cranberries, pumpkin, or raisins?
- Peanut butter, chopped apple, or strawberries are other delicious options.
- We even like chocolate chips or dark chocolate flakes and orange rind!
FOR SAVORY MUFFINS
- Try bacon or ham bits, shredded cheese, and jalapeno!
- Go for broccoli and cheese, or sundried tomatoes and feta
- How about peppers and onions with sausage crumbles?
What to do with Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Jiffy Mix is amazing for cornbread, and muffins, and can be used for so much more. Jiffy corn muffin mix makes a great topping for a tamale pie or even pizza crust! It’s also a perfect breading for homemade corn dogs! It can be used for cupcakes, and stuffing! Cookies to hushpuppies, cake to pizza!
Sleepover party? Make cornflour banana muffins for breakfast and then bake an apple crisp with cornbread topping for dessert! So many possibilities!
How to Make Banana Corn Muffins
An easy recipe like this one comes together in a flash!
- Mix everything together except the nuts in one bowl.
- Gently fold in the nuts and scoop batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
How Long to Bake Corn Muffins
For jumbo muffins: bake in a 400°F oven for about 17 to 20 minutes.
For regular-sized muffins: bake 16 to 18 minutes.
For mini-muffins: bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Tips and Tricks For Great Corn Muffins
- To keep muffins fluffy, avoid overmixing the batter.
- Don’t overfill muffin tins.
- If using frozen berries (like blueberries), toss them in a small bag of flour before adding to the batter. This keeps them from discoloring the flour and sinking to the bottom of the tin during baking.
PRO TIP: Toast nuts in a sauté pan before adding to a recipe. This makes them extra crunchy!
Storing Banana Nut Muffins
- Banana corn muffins taste even better the next day when all the flavors have had a chance to blend even more!
- Keep them in a zippered bag on the countertop and they should keep 3-4 days. Store the muffins with a slice of bread to absorb condensation and prevent mold.
- Since banana nut muffins are similar to a quick bread, they will freeze beautifully! After they are cooled completely, place them in a zippered bag labeled with the date. They’ll keep their fresh flavor in the freezer for about a month.
Banana Corn Muffins
- 8.5 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix 1 box
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup mashed banana approximately 1 banana
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin (I use butter).
- Mix muffin mix, egg, milk, banana, and cinnamon. Stir well, but until just combined. Fold in pecans if using.
- Using 3 Tablespoon cookie scoop, fill muffin tin ⅔ full (9 muffins).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until tops are golden brown. Cool in muffin tin for 3 minutes and carefully remove and cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
PIN this Banana Corn Muffin Recipe!