Blueberry banana baked oatmeal with quick oats is easy, healthy, and delicious!
This baked oatmeal casserole can be cut into bars or squares, and is yummy served hot or cold! It’s also perfect for meal prepping!
For breakfast or brunch, we love to serve this with pumpkin overnight oats and a fruit salad. Or add a delicious strawberry mango smoothie (or mixed berry for days that we want to stick with the berry theme)!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal recipe to your Breakfast Board!
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal with blueberries and bananas can be made on a Sunday and will last the entire week! Try this healthy baked oatmeal as a snack to go, especially when blueberries are in season, fresh and plump. This recipe also works well with frozen blueberries.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be switched up in so many different ways! Try these variations:
- No blueberries on hand? Try banana baked oatmeal!
- Or, make blueberry baked oatmeal if you don’t have bananas!
- Try it swirled with peanut butter or almond butter.
- Add fruit such as dried cherries, raisins, or cranberries.
This breakfast is a total winner in the morning! Hearty, budget-friendly, and a family favorite!
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
This oatmeal breakfast bake is so easy to make. Once you have lined your baking sheet or sprayed it with pan release there are just a few simple steps to follow!
- Mix together wet ingredients (per recipe below).
- Add dry ingredients and fold in the blueberries.
- Spread evenly in the pan and sprinkle with the topping.
Pop it in the fridge to bake later (covered tightly in plastic wrap) or straight into the oven to enjoy now!
How Long to Bake Oatmeal
How long to bake oatmeal depends on the size of the pan and the thickness of the oatmeal.
This recipe calls to bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the center is set, in a 9×9 pan.
- For a larger pan, bake only about 30 minutes.
- For a loaf sized pan (like a banana bread pan) bake for 50 minutes.
How to Store Baked Oatmeal
Keep baked oatmeal in an airtight container or cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap before storing it in the refrigerator.
Baked oatmeal can even be frozen in squares or slices then thawed the night before for an instant hearty breakfast the next morning!
How to Reheat Baked Oatmeal
- Once oatmeal is thawed, simply reheat it in the microwave!
- Slices of baked oatmeal can be toasted in a dry skillet.
- If baked the night before, reheating the next day is super easy in the microwave, stovetop, or oven!
- Try popping a slice in the toaster oven before serving with fresh berries and clotted cream on top. Delicious!
There are so many delicious ways to make and serve this baked oatmeal recipe. Be sure to let us know your favorite way below!
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper (or grease if you prefer).
- In a large bowl, mix milk, honey, eggs, vanilla, and banana.
- Add in oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- Add to baking pan and spread. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup blueberries on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and butter with a fork. Stir in pecans and sprinkle topping over blueberries. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until center is set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into 12 squares. Remove with a spatula.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Pin this Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bake recipe!
Baked oatmeal recipe from Live Well Bake Often