Cooking bacon in the air fryer is the easiest and best way to get perfect bacon every time.
Forget the stovetop or oven method and make crispy bacon in the air fryer instead! The air fryer makes it so easy to get bacon to turn out so delicious. Use it to make homemade bacon bits, crumbles, or to top favorite sandwiches. Grilled cheese and bacon, anyone? It’s easy now. Or go for the best BLTs in town with this easy and absolutely foolproof air fryer bacon recipe that shows how long to cook and the best time and temperature.
Best Way to Cook Bacon!
- Make grab-and-go breakfast burritos with crispy air fryer bacon as fast as you can scramble eggs in the morning!
- Every Vortex, Ninja, or Corsori air fryer can cook bacon perfectly every time, and most manuals will have specific directions for how long and what power to cook bacon at to make it positively foolproof!
- Make batches and save for recipes all week long or make one or two pieces for now – either way, the air fryer eliminates the need for skillets, stovetops, and greasy cleanup!
- Got a recipe that calls for bacon bits? Cook a strip or two in minutes and use it as a garnish, in soups, omelets, or salads! Add bacon to a cheesy quiche, or to a crack chicken casserole.
1 Easy Ingredient
BACON: So many varieties! Turkey bacon or pepper bacon, and even spicy jalapeno to name just a few. Choose your fave or season your own with salt and pepper, taco or chili seasoning, or even a swipe of maple syrup!
Frozen bacon will work too, simply add minutes to the cooking time!
How to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
It doesn’t get much simpler than this easy two-step recipe!
- Place pieces in a single layer and cook until crispy.
- Cook time is based on how thick the pieces are or how crispy you want them. Follow the instructions per the recipe below to get the desired texture.
Air Fryer Tips & Tricks
- Preheating the air fryer is critical to making sure the outside gets extra crispy and the meaty parts stay tender.
- Avoid overcrowding or overlapping the bacon since they won’t cook evenly and get that crispy result. If the slices are too long, cut them in half.
- Always remember to flip the bacon so it cooks evenly on both sides guaranteeing a crispy result.
- Place a slice of bread on the bottom of the air fryer to absorb dripping grease for easier cleanup, or let the fat pool and then drain and save for other uses.
- For multiple batches, place all cooked bacon pieces back in the air fryer for last-minute crisping before serving.
Try these Bacon-inspired Recipes.
- Bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts – Healthy and delicious
- Water chestnuts – A unique appetizer
- Candied Bacon – Sweet and salty
- Bacon Crack – So addictive
Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Once preheated, add bacon to air fryer basket in a single layer*. Cook for 8-15 minutes**, or until as crispy as desired. Optionally, flip after 8 minutes if bacon is not cooked.
- For multiple batches, if you’d like to reheat, add cooked bacon back to the air fryer basket and cook for 1 minute before serving.
**Time to cook will vary based on the thickness of the bacon, how crispy you prefer the bacon, and how hot the air fryer has preheated. You may find the second batch takes less time to cook than the first batch.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!